To impart quality education, skills and attributes based on continuously changing global standards and local industrial requirement and hence emerge as centre for advance studies and research.
- To provide quality education to the students based on the continuously changing global graduate attributes.
- To understand the requirement of Automobile Industries of the region and to add value to the students based on their changing needs.
- To tie up with industries for mutual benefit like training, internship and partial delivery of courses for the students.
- To develop partnership with industries for product development and research
- To offer advance studies courses for becoming centre for excellence in the field of automobile engineering
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Our graduates will have fundamental technical knowledge and develop core competency in diversified areas of Automobile Engineering with a view to expanding the knowledge horizon and inculcating lifelong learning among students.
- Our graduates will pursue advanced studies, research and industrial product development in the field of Automobile Engineering by developing partnerships with industrial and research agencies thereby serving the needs of the industry, government, society and scientific community.
- Our graduates will be capable of building their own careers upon a solid foundation of knowledge to solve automobile problems based on interdisciplinary approach and a strong sense of responsibility to serve their profession and society ethically.
- Our graduates will have effective communication, leadership, teaming, problem solving and decision making skills by understanding contemporary issues thereby contributing to their overall personality and career development.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
Ability to operate, maintain and troubleshoot automobile sub-components and assembly.
Ability to identify the Industrial technical requirements in the region and to train the students based on their needs.
Ability to use IT and computer knowledge for improving the performance of automobile system.
Ability to do research in fuel economy, alternate fuels and hybrid vehicle